Monday 25 April 2011

Barney is back.. err.. I mean the dart...

Like I said, it was once broken and now it's replaced. Too bad I didn't have the 'broken' pic. Somehow, I'm just happy it's back in my arm.. lol.. Unicorn Barney Phase II 25g.. been missing it for 2 weeks.. then again.. it's not my baby.. The other dart still in 'service' is.. Unicorn Adrian Lewis Latinum Tungsten 22g.. It's lighter but my grip and throw is just right.. Anyway, Thanks to Mr. Aju for the great 'service'.. oh.. forgot to mention, the points are really sharp and I mean really sharp and it's really thin and tiny. Just look at the pics below..

The points was made from a stainless steel needle used for sewing rag. The size of the needle, I'm not sure but it's really, very clever and innovative modification of the needle.. lol It was shaped with safety precaution too, so if the points ever gets broken again it will break at the weakest part of the point, that is at the beginning of the tiny pointed steel point. Thus, it will leave enough length of point for us to pull out the remaining steel point. Hmm.. make sense, no? Well, let's just hope it never breaks again.. lol
 Notice the colour of the darts. The one in the middle(with burnt marks) is the one with broken point. I figured that Mr. Aju torched the darts to the steel melting point so it's easier to pull out. The density of the tungsten darts is higher so it doesn't get melted easily as steel does.
 Changed the position so the serviced dart is at the lowest position in this pic. For whatever reason that is.. lol
 After some cleaning of the darts. Managed to clean most of the burnt marks.. but still visible tho.. :(
Better view but still not clear enough.. Camera phone is not really the best cam for capturing details type of pics.. lol

Been practicing with the darts but feels akward at first. The first few throw hits anywhere but the 20s.. lol after like 5 mins, then it starts to hit the 20s.. Then it starts to make me feel 'Let's get it home now!!!' Hahahaha.. One week to go for the 3Some Open Tourney.. Make the best of it.. C'mon...!!! :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment